Alumni Weekend + RidePost =
This service enables you to contact and meet new people who may have similar transportation needs. It cannot and does not ensure the lawful behavior of the people exchanging information through its web site. You take full responsibility for ensuring your personal safety when interacting with other people whom you meet through RideShare. Although we have no specific qualifications to advise you on issues of personal safety, the following practices are suggested as examples and illustrations of actions you could take to ensure your personal safety:
· You do not have to disclose your actual home address, work address, or phone numbers, and you do not even have to disclose your permanent email address to other users. Read below for tips to maximize your privacy.
· Your initial face-to-face contact with new people should be in a common, populated, public location.
· Record the driver's license and car registration information of the other person's car. Obtain a copy of the driver’s insurance card or record the driver’s automobile insurance carrier and policy information.
· Carry a mobile or cell phone while driving or being driven in case of an emergency.
· If you are the driver, record the personal information of your riders.
· Maybe you can take a few pictures of your carpool partners and their cars. Give this information to your friends or family.
DICKINSON COLLEGE HAS CREATED THIS RIDESHARE SITE FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF INTERESTED ALUMNI ONLY. WE DO NOT VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE PARTICIPANTS, THE QUALIFICATIONS OR INSURANCE OF DRIVERS OR THE SAFETY OF VEHICLES. WE ALSO DO NOT HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE CRIMINAL BACKGROUNDS OF THOSE USING THIS SERVICE. PLEASE USE THIS OPTION WITH CARE AND MAKE APPROPRIATE INQUIRIES BEFORE AGREEING TO TRAVEL WITH OTHERS. YOU ARE USING THIS RIDESHARE OPTION AT YOUR OWN RISK.